On my previous post, I went over the many different Chrome builds that are available for developers.
Mozilla also has a team working on Firefox and its various editions which you can download and try out.
From what I observed on the internet, Chrome and Firefox are the two main browsers that designers and developers use.
Where to find multiple versions of Firefox for developers: Download
There are three browser categories: Desktop, Android, and IOS
- Test about-to-be-released features.
- In the most stable pre-release build.
- Has it’s own dark theme to distinguish itself from other Firefox browsers.
- Can run separately from other installed Firefox browsers on your computer.
- Has additional developer tools to build, test, and scale.
- Mozilla’s classification for frequently released Firefox alphas versions.
- Usually contains experimental features, which are not fully tested.
- Mozilla developers develop during the day, and upload a fresh build nightly.
- Many of these features may have stability issues.
Android (Code name Fennec)
- Currently only available for Linux and IOS.
- Requires Android device for testing.
- Requires fast internet connection.
There are also two versions to download (Beta and Nightly).
Their purposes is similar to the desktop versions:
Testflight – Test beta versions of Firefox for iOS via Apple’s TestFlight program.
You can find more info at the Firefox blogs!