Every business, school, organization, group, club, etc. needs a logo. Its all part of your branding, the face or identity of your company or organization.
That being said, about half of those requesting a website doesn’t have a logo. I find that they are usually the very small mom and pop or home business ventures.
Many years ago, I remember building my first logo using Photoshop. I spent many hours attempting to create something that was useable. It was at that time I realized I am not a graphics designer. Since then, tools have improved when Illustrator and Sketch were introduced. But still, designing and creating a logo was not my passion. Somehow I always managed to create something when the client asked me to build something simple, as they were not willing to have a professional graphics designer create one.
Then along came these online logo generators, I didn’t have to spend time using Illustrator, I could kick out a basic logo in minutes. A true time saver when the client just wanted something that was simple and free.
Like anything in this imperfect world, let’s break down the pros and cons of these online logo makers.
- Simple, no graphic design skill required.
- Fast, a true time saver, you can create a logo in minutes.
- A few allow additonial customization.
- Free or very low cost.
- No software to download.
- In a way, they all have a similiar look.
- A designer can better create a logo that has the feel of your company.
- You may receive lot’s of unwanted email, since you have to sign up.
- Chance of duplication, someone else could use the same logo maker and create a similiar logo to yours.
Free version contains watermark
Let me know if you know of other awesome logo generators that we can share!