If your small business does not have a website, you are not operating at your full potential
Of the small businesses that have websites, 69% of them are having annual sales of $1,000,000 – $2,490,000 [expresso.digital]
I have met many small business owners who do not have their own website yet. Overall they are very successful in doing what they do. That’s why I can understand why they don’t feel a need for a website at this time. But I wonder, could their business have gone to the next level if they had a website?
So why don’t they have a website?
- Fear due to not having any technique skills
- Believe it is very expensive
- Don’t have the time
- Old school (no tech)
- I already use Facebook, isn’t that enough?
- Believe they are successful without one
Before I wrote this blog and created the following infographic, I actually was able to list over 15 reasons why a small business should have a website. But I decided to keep things simple and just mention the very basic reasons. The following are 5 key reasons:
- You don’t need to hire a web designer to build your website.
With today’s DIY online website builders, anyone can easily launch a website with no technical skills necessary at a reasonable cost.
- For those who are more tech-savvy, many Content Management Systems (CMS) such as WordPress are free. All you need is a good hosting service to build your website.
In the “old days” people would casually spend time walking past rows of businesses to check out their products, also known as window shopping.
Today, potential customers are using their phones, tablets, or laptops to do their window shopping.
How about all the home businesses that do not have a store at the mall?
The only window they have to display their products is a website.
How will customers know you exist?