Some new tech that you may be interested in.
VSCode in the Browser
- You can now run VSCode IDE on any OS on your Desktop or Tablet.
- Stable and Safe: all your projects are stored in the cloud, and can be accssed from anywhere.
- All the features of the original remains the same.
Free trial available for a short while.
Check it out:
Astro Static Site Gen
There’s a simple secret to building a faster website — just ship less.
- On-Demand Components: Need some JS? Astro can automatically hydrate interactive components when they become visible on the page. If the user never sees it, they never load it.
- Fully-Featured: Astro supports TypeScript, Scoped CSS, CSS Modules, Sass, Tailwind, Markdown, MDX, and any of your favorite npm packages.
- SEO Enabled: Automatic sitemaps, RSS feeds, pagination and collections take the pain out of SEO and syndication.
WordPress Full Site Editing
According to the WordPress roadmap, Phase 2 of the Gutenburg project is suppose to be incorporated into WordPress core version 5.8 (July 2021).
WordPress is currently in version 5.7.
Why is this huge?
Full site editing gives the user the ability to edit all elements of a site using Gutenberg blocks.
(similar to Squarespace/Wix).
From my understanding, this may also include editing the Header and the Footer.
In other words you will have a page builder right out of the box, similar to Elementor, Beaver Bulder and Divi. These plugins add a layer upon the WordPress core to do what they do effectively.
On the other hand, Gutenberg will be baked within the core which means less bloating because of excess code, faster websites, and fewer plugins.