Web Dev Blog and Resources
Sharing my experiences of fixing and building websites!
New Developer Tech 4
September 11, 2021
1) Tenon.io – offers accessibility as a service. offers accessibility as a service. “Every user should have equal access to your website. Tenon’s tools, testing and training fix accessibility for your entire organisation.”
2) Sproutcore – is an open-source JS framework for building blazingly fast, innovative user experiences on the web.
-The power of HTML5
-Clean MVC Architecture
-Scale, Scale, Scale
-Top Notch Theming
3) A Complete Guide to Flexbox
CSS-Tricks comprehensive guide to CSS flexbox layout. This complete guide explains everything about flexbox, focusing on all the different possible properties for the parent element (the flex container) and the child elements (the flex items). It also includes history, demos, patterns, and a browser support chart.
New Developer Tech 3
August 30, 2021
An overview of three new tools you may be interested in:
1) Mongoose JS – Mongoose provides a straight-forward, schema-based solution to model your application data. It includes built-in type casting, validation, query building, business logic hooks and more, out of the box.
2) Supabase: The Open SourceFirebase Alternative Create a backend in less than 2 minutes. Start your project with a Postgres Database, Authentication, instant APIs, realtime subscriptions and Storage.
3) Stencil: Build. Customize. Distribute. Adopt. Stencil is a toolchain for building reusable, scalable Design Systems. Generate small, blazing fast, and 100% standards based Web Components that run in every browser. … Read More
Review of Flexclip Version 2.7
August 10, 2021
It’s been two years since I first reviewed Flexclip and thought it would be a great tool for beginners posting social media videos and creating intros and exits for those who wanted something that did not require a high learning curve and simple to use.
Fastforward to 2021, Flexclip has grown since then. Instead of talking about it, watch as I perform a full review and create a small intro project using this latest version. …Read More
Woo Commerce Tips
August 5, 2021
Things I learned from using the most popular ecommerce WordPress plugin. In this post, I want to share the following tips and helpful information for those who want to build a ecommerce website using the Woo Commerce plugin. …Read More
New Developer Tech 2
July 15, 2021
More new tech that you may be interested in.
1) Make.cm: media generation API.
2) GraphQL code generator: Generate code from your GraphQL schema and GraphQL operations with a single function call regardless of your environment or code format.
3) Cypress: next generation front end testing tool built for the modern web. We address the key pain points developers and QA engineers face when testing. …Read More
Video Learning Resources
10 JS Projects in 1 Hour
First Python Project
Learn Python by building your own adventure game……
GraphQL Novice to Expert
Complete course on GraphQL…..
APIs For Beginners
Learn all about APIs….
The Great Gatsby Bootcamp
Gatsby is a framework for creating blazing fast websites…..
Upon completion you will be able to build a web app..
Build websites simpler, faster, more secure…..
27 Video Tutorials…..
Build 30 things in 30 days with 30 tutorials….
VS Code Crash Course
Learn how to use this popular code editor….
FreeLance Developer Manual
Free Lance Developers Manual 1st Edition Ver 1.0.1 © Copyright 2018 Gerald Watanabe
A Creative Commons Attribution-noncommercial License
- Introduction: What It Takes
- Transition From Part Time to Full Time Freelance
- Setting Up Your Business
- A Full Time Freelancer Needs To Make 100% Commitment
- How To Build Your Freelance Brand
- Communication Skills for Freelancers
- How To Host Your Client Websites
- White Label Projects
- Written Version: Finding Work As A Freelancer
- Video Version Part 1: Finding Work Locally
- Video Version Part 2: Finding Work OnLine (Remote)
- Video Version Part 3: Finding Work: Supplemental Income and Conclusion
- Being Productive Between Projects
- Developers End of Year Checklist
- Importance of Keeping a Journal
- Client Problems
This is an ongoing side project as more pages are added as in time.